Sunday, June 9, 2019

A little sewing........

I only got 4 quarters of one Farm Girl Vintage block sewn and all of the little triangle squares for the second block.  I will create more parts for the second block before I turn on the iron.


I went to a bridal shower yesterday afternoon and there was a take home cookie for everyone.  Hydrangeas were the theme on the napkins for the party so the cookies had a hydrangea design painted on the frosting and the date of the wedding included. That was an unexpected treat.

4 comments:

rondiquilts said...

Little sewing, gardening and sweet mentioned in one post. Doesn't get any better. Decorated cookies are all the rage at showers in my area. Works of art and always tasty. Seems there's always a few left over, everyone is hesitant to eat them.

Rondi
rondiquilts@yahoo.com

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that block - I do not have that book but have thought of getting it just for the block patterns and her books always lay flat I believe. That cooky is so elegant!

JJM said...

I love the Vintage quilts. They always bring back cozy memories and yours is just that. Did you eat your cookie ? Was it as delicious as it looked ?

JJM

patty a. said...

What a beautiful cookie - almost too pretty to eat! How did it taste?