Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Starting the cross seams...............

I helped a friend with her quilts yesterday morning and then we went out for lunch.  I couldn't get motivated to do any digging and just read in the afternoon.  Then I got the seams all sewn one way on the pastel 16 patch quilt and got the first 2 cross seams sewn.
This is my next peony bouquet.  Finally there was a white one but not many dark pink ones are still blooming.











This top view shows the 2 that have fluffy yellow centers.

My home owners insurance papers came in the mail and it looks like they will pay for a new roof since I had hail damage.  Final details need to be taken care of before I know when it will be started.

9 comments:

patty a. said...

The peony bouquet is so pretty and goes with the pastel quilt you are now sewing together! No color in my yard yet except for a bit of lavender.

Hedy said...

Lovely quilt and flowers, I’ve never seen a peony with the yellow centers before like that. My insurance papers came for our annual fee and they raised our cost considerably, never have put in a claim with them before.

Needled Mom said...

Those peonies are really beautiful. Great news about the insurance covering the hail damage. Hail can cause such awful damage

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for good news on the roof. That 16-patch is lucious!

Vicki W said...

That's great news on the roof! I wish I could bring fresh flowers in my house. I'll just have to enjoy yours!

JJM said...

Lovely post today Wanda... Your peony bouquets shout spring. And good to see how gorgeous those blossoms are. Ours have yet to bloom here.
The
And happy to hear your insurance company came through. I hope your contractor can get new shingles on, in between all your rain storms this year. Very unusual to hear rain has really kept the farmers from getting their crops in this year.

JJM

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Read a bit out of order. Love the finished Pastel Quilt. It has such a dreamy quality about it. Just perfect for a summer nap (in the A/C), not outside in the hammock in a midwestern June!!!
Here you would be put on a very long waiting list to have a roof repaired. The roofers are still repairing hail damage from a year ago.... every week a new load of shingle is delivered in the neighborhood.

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

Our house is only 15 years old and is on the 3rd roof -- a lot of tornado/high winds/hail damage down here. Therefore we laughed when they put a 30 year roof on this last time.

Mystic Quilter said...

Good to read the insurance people came through with the roof repair!
So happy to see your paeonies again this year, such a wonderful colour selection.