Sunday, June 2, 2019

Pastel today.............

I cut the pastel Brassica fabric I showed a couple days ago to use with the pastel 16 patches from a few years ago.  This is the first layout with the blocks with darker green squares in them.

I still had more light blocks left to cover up the 3 darkest ones to see if this looked better.  I am leaning toward using this layout.  The soft red print is darker too but in real life it doesn't jump out too much.  The photos just don't show the beauty of these blocks.
I finally remembered to take a photo of my porch pots.  All three have tiny Coleus plants in them which will grow quite large during the summer.










I cut bouquets of peonies for my neighbor and me.  I always put them in the garage or outside for 24 hours so all of the ants will crawl out before the flowers come into the house.

13 comments:

Hedy said...

My heart melted when I saw the pastel quilt top. It’s soo pretty. I brought my peony inside right away and a stink bug came in too. Yuck.

Mary said...

Your pastel quilt blocks are very soothing. Just beautiful.

Julierose said...

I really like this lighter valued piece--nice alternate blocks with the lovely Brassicas...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty pastel quilt in the making, Wanda!! I have to say that I was quite taken aback. Pastel doesn't fit with what I think of when I think of you. LOL

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the second layout with the three darker blocks replaced with lighter ones -- so summery and pretty. Excellent choice for the alternate block fabric. Peonies -- how I miss them from my mother's garden. They just don't grow well here. I'll enjoy them through your photos!

JJM said...

Looks and feels like summer, with your lovely 16 patch and floral piece. And then add your porch plants and peony bouquet. Such a pretty floral post today.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

My pots are about the same size plants as yours. If it doesn't stop raining, I wonder if they will grow. The pastels are yummy like sorbet.

Needled Mom said...

I love that Brassica fabric and you are right, it is much prettier in person. Your flowers are looking wonderful.

Vicki W said...

I love the addition of the print fabric!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love this pastel version of the 16 patch Wanda!

Roxanne said...

The pastel Brassica is perfect the way you’re using it here! Really lovely quilt!

patty a. said...

I like the second layout better. I do like those light red blocks. They add just a bit of spark and pizzazz. I don't have anything blooming right now, but both the coneflowers and Shasta daisies have lots of buds.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Lovely soft colors. I liked the darker green blocks as it seemed to add another level of depth but whatever you choose will be beautiful. One of my projects for the year is to use my older traditional florals. So far I have made 4 small lap quilts and have cut strips for a 16-patch similar to yours. Hadn't thought about mixing in a few large blocks. I might do that when I get to piecing.