Monday, June 10, 2019

6 blocks sewn...........

I put all of my blocks for the Farm Girl
Vintage quilt up on the double design wall.  The 2 new blocks are in there, the ones with blue in them (4 colors plus background in both blocks).  I still haven't determined a layout and will continue making blocks.  I had 2 more baby chick blocks partially cut so they will be next and then at least 2 more strawberries.

I also sewed four more zipper blocks to go with the first two I showed last Tuesday.












My Coleus plants are really growing fast, especially the lime green outlined leaf variety.







The first Cup of Gold Evening Primrose have bloomed.  There are buds on lots more of them and I have them in several places.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Zipper blocks look like colorful fun. My coleus are still dinky. Today the warm rain that is falling may help them. The little blocks are pretty- I can see all the work in them.

patty a. said...

The Farm Girl quilt is coming along and so are the zipper blocks. The coleus is so pretty. I have one Shasta daisy plant that is starting to bloom. Right now I have a lot of green in my yard! I need some color.

JJM said...

Vintage Farm Girl blocks are good ole designs and especially with your fabrics. Love all but to see the canned jars of vegetables made me smile. Only you would have those prints in your stash. Coleus and prim rose so are bright and cheerful.

JJM

Calicojoan said...

I love those Farm girl Vintage blocks and really need to get going on them. Especially since she has a new FGVintage 2 book out. Where's a girl to start! hahahaha Your my inspiration...I'm getting mine going today!

Vicki W said...

It always surprises me to see you work on the Farm Girl quilt. It's looking great but just doesn't seem like a "Wanda" quilt! But something different keeps us interested. Love the coleus plants. If I was into gardening I'd have lots of them .

Roxanne said...

I like the sunflower patch in your farm girl blocks. All the blocks are really cute. My husband picked a cup of blueberries tonight and they were so good. Tomorrow is supposed to be cool dry weather so I’ll be out in the garden a lot I hope. So much to do but checking for more berries is job one!