Friday, May 31, 2019

no decision yet..........

Thanks to all who voiced an opinion about border choices for my quilt yesterday.  That was fun!  I had the crazy idea last night to try that tiny triangle print as a first border with the grape fabric.  Interesting!  My 2 friends are coming over to sew  today so we will have some discussion about the choices and hopefully I will get the borders sewn on for another finished quilt top for May.

I planted my porch pots yesterday morning (photos in a couple days) and went with my granddaughter to her wedding dress fitting yesterday afternoon.  It was a sunny warm day and no rain.

The weatherman last night said we had 21 out of 31 days in May with measurable rain.  Some of my neighbors still have standing water on parts of their lawns.  Today is supposed to be dry and Sunday through Tuesday no rain is predicted.  Saturday scattered showers and I hope they are very light showers.

I looked through fabrics for a possible print to put in as random plain blocks with these pastel 16 patches.  This is the one I will cut  today and see if it looks OK.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

To my eye, the triangle pattern fabric breaks the flow. I get "stuck" there.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good thing all that color breaks up all the gray rainy days you hav had. Pretty gloomy wet around here also. We get what you got the day before usually. Fog this morning. Love the photos you shared today.

JJM said...

I read ALL 53 comments that came in yesterday too. Really interesting how everyone visualizes the border for your Prismatic Garden.

I really like your floral print to combine with your 16 patch pastels . I love soft colors.

JJM

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Gene - the purple seems to blend better to my eye - but you're the expert - I'm waiting to see which one you choose - and why. The print that you chose for the pastel 16-patches is really pretty - the soft colors seem to include most of the colors in the blocks - it will be interesting to see what it looks like on your design wall - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

Meant to say in my comment on your last post that the left hand grape fabric does bend remarkably well with all the colour in the blocks.

Roxanne said...

In your photo I like the triangle fabric as the narrow border, but you’ll be able to tell better in real life!