Saturday, May 18, 2019

Playing inside, ignoring outdoors....................

I started a colorwash with rectangle shapes to talk about on my last live session Thursday.  I still need to fill in with squares at tops and bottoms of rows.










It rained part of the day yesterday and I ignored the damaged garden and continued playing.
















By 11 p.m. I had all of the rectangles filled in and now I'll get the squares and fill in.  It could use one more vertical row on the left side so I'll consider that today.  It will lose 8.5" in width when sewn and 6" in length.  I'll probably change some pieces before I sew it.




I was just walking through the kitchen when I saw the opossum strolling through the back yard.  He didn't stay long, he was on a mission.




I took this photo of the Columbine buds the day before the hail storm  They weren't damaged.











This photo was taken that same evening and I think they are OK too.  Coral bells and Veronica.

5 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

That opossum is a funny looking creature; we don't have them here; what was his mission? Your garden is looking nice and green with all the rain you've had :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can't believe how fast you work. The colorwash is gorgeous. So happy some flowers survived ok.

Needled Mom said...

You have such a great eye for color in the colorwashes. That's a lovely one. So glad the garden survived the storms. Looks like you are going to get more rain today.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love the glowing heart-shaped center of this colorwash!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful color wash in the works -- we had a possum here. He fell out of the tree and landed on the driveway. We were sure he was unconscious or even worse. But then he got up and waddled away. Proof for the saying "playing possum"