Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April monthly recap.....................

When I posted this finish at the beginning of April I called it the first finish of the month.  It ended up being the only finish of the month.  This 16 patch is 53.5" x 72" and I love the fabric assortment in it.







I finished sewing 2 quilt tops.  The red One Block Wonder is 45.5" x 64".  The Snail's Trail is 60" x 72".  

I have some favorite fabrics in this quilt and here are two of them.












Here are two more favorites.  I have had these 4 fabrics for a long time, like 25 years for some of them.








I have always loved this cheetah fabric and have it in 2 colorways.












Here is one more larger photo of the Snail's Trail which you can click and enlarge to see the fabrics better.  I really like the assortment of fabrics in this one too.

10 comments:

patty a. said...

You had a good month! I had no finishes, but May should be better.

Mary said...

I came close to having an April finish, but didn't quite make it. I love the cheetah fabric too.

diane said...

Enjoy the close up of the fabrics and can see why you like them so much. You have the eye for just the right fabrics no matter what you are making. All beautiful quilts no matter if they are finished or not.

Hedy said...

I loved all your fabrics in the Snails Trail, you do know what to buy.

JJM said...

Totally finished or not, you presented a beautiful array for April. I can see why Snails Trail fabrics are your favorites, they look warm and rich to me.

JJM

Quilting gram211 said...

I really like the snails trails quilt. I’ve wanted to do one for a long time. After seeing yours I think I just need to do it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love enlarging the picture so I can really see all the fabrics. It is much more satisfying. Thanks for posting it so it can be seen larger.

Kerry said...

Beautiful fabrics and I also love that snail trail in all its zoomed in glory!

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

I always look forward to seeing your posts. I love your colors and fabrics. When I finally get my OBW made, I will have to learn how to send you a picture. But it is on the back burner now as I need to finish a couple of things that are gifts.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love the subtle value changes in your 16 patch. I have one planned for this year from some of my older fabrics. Just haven't had the chance to piece it yet.