Tuesday, May 14, 2019

All of the blocks................

I was too tired last night to get out of my chair to take a photo so you see it from my sewing chair.  I added all of the stripe blocks which added another row.  I need to trim the stripe blocks because they are just strip piecing made to slice to make more blocks but that didn't get done.  I think this might end up about 43" x 52" so it is going to be a small quilt.  I have no interest in going any farther with it.  If I had to come up with a name for it I think it would be Downtown.

I finished the mowing yesterday afternoon in the sunshine.  Then I pulled all of the weeds out of my raised bed where I have been planting tomatoes.  Today I hope to transplant a Hosta and a Columbine.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Very graphic! I like how you mixed the combinations together. It does look like a cityscape.......windows and roads.

patty a. said...

This will make a lovely baby quilt! It is overcast here again today and cool - 43 degrees this morning. Looks like some sunshine this afternoon. The humidity is still high and everything is just wet. I sure hope it doesn't get blazing hot all of a sudden. I am still looking to easing into summer.

Sharon Stroud said...

Love it! Very fresh and modern. Not everything has to be a "useable" size. Some things are just good for the soul!

Vicki W said...

Great solution for blocks you are tired of I do love the window blocks and the stripes break them up nicely.

Linda Swanekamp said...

This is better than most of the "modern" quilts out there. The colors and graphic statement look strong and cohesive.

JJM said...

I like it too, after your work in the sun I sure knew how you felt last night. Then coming in to work on your "Downtown" I would t have not gotten up out of my chair either. I really have cut down on my gardens this year and yet I still feel I have lots to maintaine. I just run out of steam.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

That's the perfect name for it! I know hours in the garden take a toll on any stitching around here.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I would leave this at the current size as well. I bought the book and thought hard about making something from it but never did. The book was passed along to another quilter who is using it to pieces.