Monday, May 20, 2019

Partially sewn...........

We had a wonderful family gathering yesterday at a local restaurant.  When I got home the sun was still shining so I mowed the grass.

Last night I finally got to the sewing machine and it took me 2 1/2 hours to sew the first 8 columns together.  It is a little slower process than sewing squares when I make a colorwash with rectangles.  I now know it will be 54" tall.
I have lots of Jack in the Pulpit in the back garden.













I love the contrast of the Red Penstemon against the green Lily leaves.  

6 comments:

Hedy said...

I really like this Colorwash. Thanks for photos of your garden.

Needled Mom said...

That looks really nice. Bet the sunshine was welcomed yesterday.

JJM said...

You told us on Saturday you'd loose 8.5 " in width and 6" in length after stitching your rectangle Colorwash. And we sure can see it in length today.

Your gardens are fun to look at and you're so far ahead or of us.

JJM

Ruth said...

I really like this rectangle colorwash. I would have thought it easier to sew together than squares because there would be no matching seams or worry about turning a square that had been positioned just so for the colorwash effect.
I always enjoy your garden photos too.

patty a. said...

The colors just glow in this piece! We did not get those storms here. We got a bit of rain the last two nights, but nothing like we had been getting.

Vicki W said...

I like the rectangle Colorwash. This one really glows! Looks like you and Kevin had a great time!