Thursday, May 2, 2019

Pieces and parts of two................

I'm getting more done on the 2 quilts in progress.  I think I have all of the pieced triangles sewn that I need for the "pickle" insert quilt.  After I press them I can add the large triangle.  I have blocks sewn for 3 more columns of the Cascade quilt.  I still have to sew the blocks for the last two columns.  I need to turn the iron on today.
We have had so much rain this week that the birdbath is really full.  It has too much water in it for the small birds but the robins are loving taking their baths in there.  I took advantage of the mostly dry day yesterday to mow the grass.  It was really tall since it had been a week and a half since I mowed it the first time.  The backyard grass doesn't grow as fast so I haven't had to mow it yet.
The Redbud blooms survived the snow and cold temperatures on Sunday.  Usually when we get a lot of rain while they are blooming they lose their petals but this time the buds were just opening so they survived.

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

I’m glad your redbud blooms were not hurt by the cold weather. They are a favorite tree and would be so missed. Now you can enjoy!

Hedy said...

Our trees are really pretty too. My iris will be blooming soon, my favorite of all in my garden. We have had rain for 3 days now and my dogs hate it. I have been able to cut fabrics for several quilts though while stuck inside. Flooding here but not too bad yet.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Everything here is slowly opening with the rain and cool temps. Which is better than all the tulips opening and immediately withering with too much heat. Nice to see progress on the pickle quilt.

JJM said...

Spring came through for your red bud, I enjoy seeing your photos of it, I can only imagine it's true beauty. Will look forward to seeing your 'pickle' and 'cascade'.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for the red bud surviving the cold. Our bird baths are full, too - and we've had a gorgeous Grosbeak visiting for several days now. Such a treat.

Needled Mom said...

It does sound like there has been a lot of rain. So glad the redbuds survived that cold. It's nice to see the birds back.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Looks like spring is getting quite lovely there. We're still have a little more time before things really green up. Beautiful birds too. I've only seen a grosbeak once.