Saturday, May 25, 2019

Cleaning out a bin........

While my 2 friends worked on their projects yesterday I was determined to empty a bin of pieces, parts, and partially made quilt tops.  These are leftover triangles from a couple of my Prismatic Garden series quilts.  I had all of these up on the wall to see how big of a top I could make and then I found...............
under another project were some already pieced blocks.  I decided this would made a nice side of a tote bag.






This could be the other side of the tote bag.  There are a couple left over blocks that could be used as pockets in the lining.

There are also 5 more blocks that could be used in the small quilt layout above to make it a row longer.

I also found a partially made quilt top which I showed last on January 28, 2009.  At that point I said I had made a decision so I could finish it.  Well.......that was a little over 10 years ago.  I think it has aged enough, it is ready.  I'll show it tomorrow and hopefully it will be all sewn together.

Below are blooms on my Weigela bushes.  They are so pretty.  We cut back the darker pink one drastically last fall so it only had a few branches with blooms on them.  It will all grow back and be big and bushy again next year.








8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

What beautiful blocks you found in that particular bin!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Don't you just love it when you make a discovery like that? The prismatic quilt top is so beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing the eye-catching tote bag, when it's finished. Hopefully we won't get hit with any rain today, as we have an outdoor barbeque to go to. Enjoy your day.

Hedy said...

Oh, I think I’d forget the tote bag and make a quilt with those blocks, they are just so colorful. I was looking out my sewing room and saw that my double bloom pink peony bush had bloomed. I had forgotten it. My flower garden is rampant with color. Love your bushes.

JJM said...

Sparkling post today Wanda. Your Prismatic Garden piece just glows... And I love those piece's for a tote, It has sophisticated style ! It will be like non other out there when shopping. And I'm sure, youll have offers to buy it right out of your hand.

And such pretty Weigela blossoms .

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

I did not start following your blog until late 2011. I missed the Prismatic Garden series. I love the color and value shifting. They are superb. I have all this scrap batik that maybe I could cut up into strips. Some are not the full WOF, but maybe I could get a couple of triangles out the them each. Juat so beautiful.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Clearly, a case of one thing leads to another (leads to another!!) It's sounds like you have a good plan for the blocks. Best of luck moving those projects forward (this time!)

MissPat said...

Ah, a reminder of another of your projects I put on my to-do list. I've previously gone back and read your posts about the Prismatic Garden series and I just love how they glow. I cut rectangles yesterday for my baby quilt version of the Wild Rectangles quilt. Can't wait to start sewing it together, but today will be a garden work day.
Pat

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The color effect is amazing!!