Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Sewn!..............

It's a quilt top!  It ended up 36" x 45".
I used some wild and weird batik in this colorwash and a lot of the pieces are from 20 years ago.  The center is more blendy in person than in a photo.  




My small Narcissus flowers are just ending their blooming season.  I had a lot more flowers than I normally do.  My peonies are bigger and bushier and have more buds than usual this year too.  I guess that means they all liked the long winter and cold spring.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

The colorwash is so pretty and dynamic. Those colors are fabulous! Now I know what those flowers are that opened up after the daffodils - Narcissus! I had a bunch of them too this year! They are always a surprise, because I forget about them.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colorwash is outstanding! So full of clear color. I had way more tulips this year and they last for over 2 weeks courtesy of very cool temps.

JJM said...

And a beautiful quilt top it is too. I enlarged it and it is a great piece to study, I couldn't see the pattern detail in each rectangle before that.

Even though the cool temps are helping our spring blooming plants, I'm ready for a nice long run of warm days.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your stash of batiks never fails to amaze me -- the color wash is drop dead gorgeous.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Wonderful colorwash . . . I'd love to see your stash. It must be so colorful, not to mention huge.

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning colourwash, I love that beautiful rich red/orange and the aquas/teals.