Thursday, May 23, 2019

More blocks.............

I made 10 more blocks to add to the quilt blocks I showed yesterday and added a lot more light value batiks in them.  I thought it was a little dark.  They are 8" blocks so it is 40" x 48" if I sew it right now.








I am thinking about adding a batik stripe border on the top and bottom to lengthen it to 54".  I folded and pinned the fabric to the bottom and I do like it.  It is folded 4" wide but I think 3" would look better.

I have an insurance adjuster coming today to check out any damage I have on my roof and downspouts.  My last roof was put on after a hail storm in 2003.

5 comments:

patty a. said...

The striped border at the top and bottom would set the blocks off nicely. I still have not called the insurance company about the tree that fell in the backyard.

JJM said...

Didn't think this one could get better, but your stripe border added even more pazazz. Really a striking quilt top, Wanda .

JJM

Lesley Gilbert said...

Your block design is inspiring me to make these blocks. What size are your pieces? I'm guessing at 2.5" x 4.5"? I guess it could be re-sized. I'm in the process of making 2 scrappy quilts :)

Sue said...

Love all your scrappy quilts, but especially like the Jumbled Library 2. very similar to one I made. After initially joining strips it turned out a curved mess, so recut into 10" strips and resewed. I loved the end result.

Vicki W said...

When you mentioned the hail I wondered if it damaged your roof. I hope it isn't too bad!