Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Webbing............

I have my colorwash sewn together in one direction.  It is webbed together with just a stitch or 2 between rows holding it together.  It will lose 6" with the seams sewn the other direction.





Once again my quilt and nature scenes are the same colors.  The Indigo Bunting did not disappoint me and stopped by yesterday morning.





I hope he will stick around a couple days.  The Indigo Buntings always migrate through here about the same time as the Rose Breasted Grosbeaks so when I see one of them I'm on alert looking for the other one.

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I wish we had indigo buntings. Their color is phenomenal. Still on the design wall plugging holes on the colorwash. Yours looks refreshing.

Frog Quilter said...

Nature and quilts. Both are beautiful.

patty a. said...

What a pretty bird and quilt!

Hedy said...

I have only seen one here in all my 73 years and it was so pretty.

Vicki W said...

There he is!

JJM said...

Your BLUE Colorwash and BLUE INDIGO bunting ~ Couldn't have been a better post today Wanda. I too had never seen a Blue indigo bunting before. Thanks for sharing.

JJM

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oh, thanks for the reminder of one of the best ways to select a color scheme. God does such a grand job! You are a wise and observant woman!

GranChris said...

They were both here in Shelby,NC last week. Such a treat. I wish they would stay longer but only around a few days.

Kerry said...

What a stunning little bird! Thank you for the photo. I was trying to snap a bullfinch here because he has such a bright red chest, but too far and my phone couldn't focus. Then the colour looked washed out. Your nature photos are super. I am in awe - and then there's the quilts! Cheers, K.

Needled Mom said...

I love both the bird and the waterwash. That brilliant blue of the bird is such a delight to see in nature.