Friday, August 2, 2024

What's next?................


All I know for sure is that this is the fabric I'm going to play with.  Click on the photo for a closer look at them.  This is from 3 or 4 different lines of Terrie Mangat fabric.  Part of it came from a friend, part I had purchased.  Some back story here.  I have already used some of it in other projects so the sizes vary from 9.5" squares to 2 yards of each.


Terrie was one of the teachers at the Quilt Surface Design Symposium (QSDS) in Columbus Ohio in the early 1990s, where I took many classes in the 5 years I attended.  I found some fairly current info about her with a search of the internet.  Having met her, I knew I wanted to own some of the fabric she designed.


This was the only piece I found a date on.  I have 2 yards of this one so I think it will be part of the back of the quilt.  Many of the prints are large so I'll need to design something with larger shapes.  It will probably take me several days before I start cutting so in the meantime I'll start cleaning off tables again so I have a space to work.

 

14 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Oh what fun fun fabrics! This one is going to be exciting to see come together!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great possibilities with such a fun group of fabrics!

Linda said...

Those are fabrics to make you smile for sure - I particularly like the second photo, but wow, I love them all!

Mary said...

These fabrics certainly fit the the "exuberant" category, and right up your alley.

Tami Von Zalez said...

What fun prints! I made a fish fabric quilt for my son. All kinds of fishing related remnants.

JJM said...

What an array of prints, looking forward to see what you will create with so many different prints. Fish, cats, people, jazzy dots, stripes and swirls. Quite a mannagery of a fabric.

JJM

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the colorful fish

Nann said...

Love the TM prints. My dear Magpie friend Ellie encouraged me to buy a TM FQ bundle at the 2010 Rosemont quilt show. I still have pieces and have fond thoughts each time I have used them. So I guess we both have Mangat Memories.

MELODY JACOB said...

The Terrie Mangat fabric looks wonderful and full of potential! It’s great that you have a mix of sizes and designs to work with. I’m sure whatever you create will be stunning. I just posted a new blog post: I invite you to share your opinion. Thank you.

Julierose said...

What fun fabrics to play with, wanda!! Love the fish;)))
Good report for DH; he can drive as soon as he feels clear-headed and can turn his neck better...
A real scorcher here today--85 already and so muggy!! We have an air quality alert, too...
Looking forward to see how you use T.Mangat's lovely fabris...hugs, Julierose

Kristin said...

I love those Terry Mangat fabrics - both here and in the backstory post. I just went to my first (and possibly their last) QSDS at the end of May. I took a class in Joomchi. I had a lot of fun there. There was some talk of someone who is going to try and restart QSDS next June in MO.

Vicki W said...

Those are fun fabrics!

Cathy said...

Those fabrics are Soooo Wanda! I can’t wait to see what you’ll do with them. Meanwhile, I’m channeling my “ Inner Wanda” and making 16-patch blocks with African fabrics and batiks. I bet they’ll look familiar to you when I post some… 😘

patty a. said...

Those fabrics are fantastic! I especially like the ones with the fish on them. They are pretty funny!