Wednesday, August 7, 2024

A quilt top!!...................

Yesterday the weather turned cool, 69 degrees after high heat and humidity for many days.  My energy comes back with the windows open and a cool breeze coming in.  To get this sewn, pressed, and photographed in one day felt good.

The prints are from several lines of Terrie Mangat fabric, fabric that has waited for 12 years to be used.  The design is technically a Single Irish Chain but really it is a celebration of all of the prints.  It is 55" x 72".  I used all of the fish fabric that was left.  I don't know what other project I used the rest of it in.  There were a few prints I didn't use, some will be used on the back of this one, some will be used in the 2nd quilt which I'll start cutting this week.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a different "dream-like" quilt with a lot of things going on throughout...nice work to put all these disparate fabrics in one piece;)))
Much much cooler this morning--only 61 degrees out there under cloudy skies...
I am having fun sewing lego strips a few at a time--letting them mount up before putting any together...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

It's hard to stop looking at it, so fun! The fabrics are fantastic.
Our cool front is due to "lower" the temperature to a high of 92 on Sunday. I wish it was lower but I'll take it over the 100s!

Mary said...

This quilt just screams fun! I'm glad you're enjoying some cooler weather. We are experiencing especially hot weather this week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how nice to have a cool day and windows open!! I am so looking forward to that

Nann said...

It's a delight! And how satisfying to use up all the fabric -- at least, all of one of them. Overcast and cool yesterday. Sunny today!

JJM said...

This is one of your exclusive creations with so many different prints. And how you made them all work took my breath away. I missed those awesome blocks with the swirls and curls yesterday. You did it again Wanda this is one happy work of art.

patty a. said...

You got that sewn together fast! I hope the cooler weather shows up here. It is not as hot today, but the humidity is awful!