Wednesday, August 14, 2024

First finish of August 2024


 First of all I have to say I love this quilt!  It is my version of The Square Within from Karla Alexander's book Color Shuffle.  It looks a lot like the one in the book although I used mostly different Kaffe collective fabrics. 
The top was finished in October 2022 It is 51" x 73".
It has Hobbs 80/20 batting and was quilted by Robin Diaz.




I love the backing fabric too.  It is Brandon Mably's Scuba.  I love all of the pink...  

This is one of my favorite quilts and I'm keeping this one.



13 comments:

Hannah said...

Love the colors!

cityquilter grace said...

i would keep it too....gorgeous!

Julierose said...

That is definitely a "keeper";))) I love how the really light blocks just carry your eyes around the whole piece from one to the other.
Just a lovely quilt, Wanda--great work!!
64 here with 63 DP--cool and dampish...Today is household chores (ugh!!) to be done...hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Perfect quilt for August!

Linda said...

Beautiful keeper quilt, love the dark squares with all that gorgeous color. The contrast is wonderful!

JJM said...

This quilt is mesmerizing ~ I can see why it is one of your favorites, it glows with warmth and fascination. There’s not enough adjectives for this one ~ Charismatic with bright happy fabrics and the layout couldn’t be any better.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

whenever I have done square in square - it is a square shape - I must say I love it in rectangles!

Anonymous said...

Very satisfying to look at, there is so much going on!

Ceci

patty a. said...

What a pretty, bright, fun quilt!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love the play between the light & dark blocks, so pretty. And the backing is perfect!

Vicki W said...

That book is one of my favorites and I love this quilt! I need to make it.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Love this one! And your version, to me at least, is much prettier than the one in the book.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I can see why this is one of your favorites -t he color play is amazing!!!