Saturday, August 10, 2024

Binding started.............


I came up with 2 choices for the binding on this quilt.  I only had 15 and 1/4" of this one and I hadn't yet figured out how many strips I needed.





This was my second choice and I have plenty of this one.  They both look good with the backing.






I ended up with the first one and I had 2 tiny slivers of fabric left after straightening the first edge and cutting 6 strips.  I decided I was less likely to use this one in piecing on a future quilt but the second choice was very likely to be used in another quilt.  I got the binding sewn on and got the first corner hand stitched while I watched the 10 p.m. news.

7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful Kaffe fabrics here and the first photo with a possible, and eventual binding, is one I'm using a little of in my Roundabout quilt, I wish I had bought more yardage at the time!

Julierose said...

I really like your binding choice for your lovely KF featured quilt. ;)))
72 here at 5:30 a.m.!! Another hot one--sounds like a broken record, lately..;((((.. so humid...so far, that supposed cold front that came through last night, hasn't cooled anything down at all!!
Maybe over this weekend it will cool off.. hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Perfect choice! I always enjoy getting maximum binding out of my small pieces of fabric, sometimes it's a challenge. ;)

Nann said...

I agree with your logic: use the one less likely to be used in another project. I'm looking forward to the next installment of your Terri-and-Marcia playground.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that binding looks good and as you say you were less likely to use it

Linda Swanekamp said...

Binding choice looks terrific. Always glad to reach the binding stage.

patty a. said...

It was good to use up that piece for the binding.