Sunday, August 25, 2024

A quilt top for August 2024.............


I have made 4 quilt tops with these neutral color 16 patch blocks.  I sold the first two, the third one is a finished quilt now and I think this is the largest one.  For some reason I don't have a photo of the first one I made and sold and I think it was larger than numbers 2 and 3.

This one is about 72" x 96".  It is a good size for a twin size bed.


I trimmed the Fonthill quilt and cut the binding strips.







When I was going through my light batiks for my June destash sale I grouped these for myself.  No project planned yet but I need to move them off of my work table.

The hot steamy weather is here.  After our beautiful week of cool and less humid weather it is hard to take.  The hottest day is supposed to be Tuesday, and possibly it will be the hottest day we have had this summer.

10 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

ooh lovely light batiks....

Linda said...

That's a spectacular quilt! Love the batik grouping. It's hard to get through this last burst of hot air that August and early September bring. Hope your weather turns cooler soon.

Julierose said...

Such a beautiful finish on this quilt, Wanda--lovely work!! :)))
Getting steamier here, too. 76 already at 9 am and higher DP of 67.6!!
After two days in a row of all-day company and cooking (tho' I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone)-- I am bushed today--not used to all that activity around here. . Taking it slow and easy...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a good collection of neutrals!

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in completing the 16 patch quilt top and you may well have Fonthill's binding sewn on before September starts. As you know, you're amazing!
Love the beautiful neutral batiks and look forward to seeing how you use them someday!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Lovely light batiks—on your guidance I’ve kept a lookout for good ones. Look forward to you using them too! -Roxanne

JJM said...

Internet power back on… and first thing I had to check was your blog Wanda. Your neutral quilt feels good just looking at it. And my oh my the hearts, always a favorite. Anxious to see Hearts and Font Hill finished.

JJM said...

Internet power back on… and first thing I had to check was your blog Wanda. Your neutral quilt feels good just looking at it. And my oh my the hearts, always a favorite. Anxious to see Hearts and Font Hill finished.

Mystic Quilter said...

That's one large quilt!!! Just sent two off for quilting today, not quite as long as yours pictured here.

Vicki W said...

You have been really busy since I've been away from the computer! Love this new quilt top.