Sunday, August 18, 2024

Second finish for August 2024


I wasn't sure I would finish the binding on this one last night but it was done by 9:30 so I had plenty of time to photograph it too.  Since it is small I could do the photography in my main floor studio.  I don't like to go down to the basement late at night.





This neutral color batik quilt is 49" x 65" and has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it.  Most of the gray fabrics in it lean toward blue so in some light they look gray, in other light they look blue.  My longarm friend Robin quilted it with a gray-blue thread.

I'm really happy with the striped binding.  It is very subtle but adds a little excitement to this quilt.

9 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

really pretty...just proves batiks always work

Julierose said...

Gorgeous finish on this Wanda; I love that checkerboard border:)))
We;ve gotten 0.36" of rain since midnight--that's what I mean--just little bits of rain...maybe more is on its way. We really need it...
63 here this morning and in the space between these sprinkle showers DH is out putting up a new motion light off of our tv room. The way this house is situated we don't get a view out to the front,,,so this will give us a heads up for any visitors: human or animal;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

The neutrals are just beautiful - nice finish!

Donna said...

What a beautiful finish!! Well done...
hugs
Donna

Barbara Anne said...

What an interesting quilt of mostly that very versatile and humble of blocks: the HST with added sparks their arrangement, from the 16 patches, and the wizard binding. Well done!!

Hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it turned out great - love the stripe binding

JJM said...

You created a lovely quilt from your stash of neutrals.

Vicki W said...

Oh that's really nice!

patty a. said...

What a fabulous quilt! Love the checkerboard down the one side! It rained hard here Saturday and Sunday. I don't know how much we got, but it poured!