Friday, August 9, 2024

Thinking more than doing..............


One of my readers wondered if Marcia Derse fabrics would work with the Terrie Mangat fabrics.  Marcia's newest line, Marble Run, does have some that will work and will give me the almost solid look for some of the pieces.


This Nancy Crow black/white stripe might work.  I have the opposite piece also, white/black.






This uneven black/white check might work too.  I will cut some pieces to do some mockups.






I may not use all of the Marcia Derse fabrics but I have a good selection to choose from.






I also found 3 black/white prints cut in 9.5" squares which I may add in.  All of this fabric is on the table where I need to trim my quilts so I can add binding.  I'll be doing some clean up today.

 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

B&W will be good with these, I think...tough settings with all those fabrics so full of motion and so vibrant...a whole lot of thinking goes into such a challenge...
69.8 here awaiting the storms coming through later on today...DP 69.4 -[-"where O where" are those Canadian cold fronts that used to sweep through and clear the air???? ]
Stay cool--hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Your fabrics are so, so fun, I just love to look at them. I really like that checked b&w!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the fabrics all look so fun and they will be great

Quiltdivajulie said...

NOW this is really going to become a Wanda-rific quilt! Happy to see you adding in additional fabrics.

Mary said...

It looks like your reader had a good idea. Isn't thinking actually a form of doing?

helenreimers said...

Sometimes,you got to pull fabric and let the ideas percolate. It is actually working. Great fabric chooses.

Barbara Anne said...

The B&W fabrics add just the right touch for the array of vibrant colors and prints you've pulled for this quilt. What a great fabric stash you have!!

Hugs!

JJM said...

I’ve never seen so many fun prints like what you have shown today. More creative fun ahead for you.

Mystic Quilter said...

These fabrics in this post and also the previous one are totally new to me, never seen them here in New Zealand, they are so different to our usual bright and bold and florals.