Monday, August 5, 2024

Part one................


24 nine patch blocks of each color combination are complete, even pressed last night.  They are 9" blocks, the same size as the pile of squares of the other prints (shown a couple days ago).  Now I need to cut some squares of the "people" fabric and then I will be ready for the design wall.  This will be the simplest of the 2 quilts with these Terrie Mangat fabrics if I end up making both of them.

Another hot humid day predicted so I hired someone to mow my grass this week.  I'll spend my time inside designing.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice to use a simple pattern with TM fabrics, I think. These will really look great!!;))) Love the yellow and orange dotted fabrics...
68.5 here with 68.2 dewpoint--again, humid out there... ;((((
Working at putting some 1.5" pieces together a bit...slow, easy sewing...
Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Love the way the black and white fabric plays against the yellow and red. I did get some rain here on Saturday - over a half inch.

Linda said...

Love that black and white, you just can't go wrong with it with those pretty, bright colors! We have had a cool wave with temps "only" reaching the high 90s - lol! The next 10 days are going to be in the 100s. Ugh.

Mary said...

We had an unexpected shower yesterday that lowered our temps but did nothing to relieve the humidity. Triple digit days are expected for the rest of the week.

Anonymous said...

These prints are so fun. Look forward to Part 2! —Roxanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like a good idea to have someone do it for you - there comes a point when it is money well spent! I keep telling my sister that before she collapses from trying to do it all herself

JJM said...

I can visualize your people print with these fun & fancy dots. Its going to be another winner .

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Goofed with first comment!!! First day back at the computer after being absent for well on a week or so. I've just enjoyed a journey through the posts from you which I've missed and of course you're still as busy as ever! I won't reply to each post but just say how good it is to catch up with the pieces you're making. Good to see your garden photos too.l