Thursday, May 23, 2024

Batting and backing............


Quilt top, backing and batting.  I have had this batik fabric for a backing for many years and finally have the quilt to use it.  The top is my mottled batik and African fabric 16 patch shown on this post.  Yesterday I sewed the long seam on the backing and cut the batting so I can send it to my longarm friend today.  I have another ready to send too so there will be some finishes next month.

Last night I sewed parts for my Interweave blue batik quilt.  Nothing to show yet.

We had a beautiful day yesterday, finally cooling down to the 70s.  I didn't spend much time outside other than watering the plants that missed out on the rain and staking one of the tomato plants.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

That batik backing is just right to go with the front!!:)))
68 here at 8 a.m.--we are in for a bit of hot weather before that line of strong thunderstorms comes through...
I finished quilting the four arcs on my August Zinnia...now for the blue background...
hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

Great quilt! I remember when you added the African fabric and took this quilt to the next level. Another color lesson from Wanda! -Roxanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that batik looks perfect for it. We got rain again early this morning which puts off blueberry picking until this afternoon I think, I know there are some ready and don't want them to fall to the ground

Nann said...

Looks as though both the top and the backing benefited from some time in storage. (How many flimsies do you have waiting their turn?)

Quiltdivajulie said...

We had heavy rain with skies as dark as midnight yesterday afternoon. Lost power in the evening for a while. More rain today and tomorrow - another two inches at least. The outdoor plants and trees are loving this (we only wish it would spread out and continue further into the year - by July we'll be wishing for rain).

patty a. said...

It is great you have just the right backing for that quilt.

Barbara Anne said...

A most excellent choice of backing fabric for this glorious quilt top!

We've had crazy weather here, too, but the worst is the high pollen counts that keep noses running and the "Kleenex" industry happy.

Hugs!

JJM said...

It will be fun to see this quilt compete with the backing you have chosen.

We woke up to 2”of snow this morning. My husband just mowed the lawn yesterday. They had forecasted snow storm in the mountains but didn’t mention the valley getting any snow. Several downed trees and branches on our property along the river.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is great when a backing falls into place, the right place. Still have lots of plants to pot and energy level is low, but I will persevere. Will love to see the interweave.