Monday, May 27, 2024

A finish for May 2024.................


I needed a break from my other project so I sewed the binding on this Shoo Fly quilt. (directions for the block on Lynn's blog, Solids on prints on her label list.)

I'm considering this a child's quilt because I used several novelty prints in the blocks.

It is 36.5" x 56" so it could be a big sister or brother quilt when gifting a baby quilt.

I used Hobbs 80/20 batting.




I have had the backing fabric for quite awhile and I'm sure it was on sale for a good price.














There are several novelty prints in this group of blocks. (Click on the photos to enlarge them) 








The white with black fabric has several animals in it. 

I like the little stripe I chose for the binding.





More of the novelty prints in the blocks.






There were 2 sessions of sewing on this Interweave quilt top.  The first 10 columns are sewn together so I'm a little over a third done.  It will probably take me 2 days to finish it because this is the boring part.  I have some vacuuming that needs to be done today.  Another boring thing.

Finally yesterday morning we got over a half inch of rain and then the sun came out later in the afternoon.  I think the tomato plants grew about 3" because they were so happy.  I think I see 2 volunteer tomato plants coming up in the raised bed too.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

What cute novelty prints in Shoo fly quilt--really came out beautifully...
great work on this one!! :)))
And, your Interweave is really coming together so well...

61 here and we are in a dense fog bank this morning...it quiets everything down--can't even here our normal traffic sounds....
Hugs, Julieroe

Mary said...

It may be a boring step, but Interweave is coming together nicely. I love to incorporate novelty prints in my scrappy quilts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the childs quilt turned out really great! love the other quilt too

Nann said...

The half-framed shoofly design is so great, and ideal for novelties. I need to buy and plant tomatoes this week. Glad I mowed on Saturday before yesterday's rain.

JJM said...

‘Shoo Fly’ is such a fun quilt to gift to a big brother or sister.

And your interweave might be boring to you at this point, but it sure makes this quilt a winner.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

The framed Shoo Fly blocks haven't been seen in a good while and now - presto chango - they're a finished quilt with a wonderful backing fabric and a jazzy binding!! Applause!

You make the Interwoven quilt making process look so easy and your chosen colors/fabrics are so pretty and calming.

Torrential rain here last night and a high today of 82*F.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

That's a very happy quilt and a perfect size for a child.

Lynn Dykstra said...

Love it! Great prints.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a bright happy quilt that Shoo Fly is! Some big sister or brother will love it. The backing and binding are perfect!

patty a. said...

I am behind in commenting. Once my head hits the pillow I'm out because of this cold. The shoo Fly quilt turned out so cute!