Wednesday, May 29, 2024

2 more seams to finish........................


Two more seams and it will be sewn together.  I was too tired to do any more last night.  It was a day of errands, laundry, and a visit with my neighbor who I hope is moving in next week. She was planting tomatoes and peppers. She moved out while she had remodeling done and it is coming to a finish.  I didn't get to the sewing machine until almost 9 p.m.


The sunshine was bright yesterday morning and my porch pots looked so pretty.






The pots on the steps are really filling in nicely.  I'm glad I went with the red/white/purple combination in the pots.





The black eyed Susan plant is back, in the crack between slabs of sidewalk.  I mow around it so keep it intact.  Last year I ran a knife down on both sides of the root and popped out part of the plant and planted it in my front garden.  It came up this year.  I don't know if I can get the whole plant out and I hate to kill it so I guess it will bloom where it is planted by the birds.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely piece; I really like the touches of pinky/lavender here and there...nice work...
Only 55 here this morning but nice and sunny so far...hoping to sit out when it warms up...
Your porch pots look so pretty...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yesterday was a cold rainy day here. Could not get my plants planted. I love the Interweave in blue batiks. Lots of seams there! Your plants looks festive and healthy.

patty a. said...

The woven quilt top sure came together quick! Your flowers are so pretty. I don't have much color except for the lavender and California poppies blooming. I love to see the poppies move in the wind. My coneflowers are loaded with buds so it will be nice to see those bloom in the next few weeks and hopefully the butterflies will find them. Black eye Susans are a pretty tough plant. I don't know that I would dig out the entire plant, but taking another chunk wouldn't hurt it since you already did that once. It is kind of fun seeing where the birds and wind plant things!

Mary said...

Your proch flowers look so fesh and colorful. I bit your neighbor is really anxious to move back in too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the plants look great and I'm looking forward to seeing that quilt finished to see the final look

Nann said...

Do you stay up late when you're close to a finish like this? We had some sun, some clouds, some intense bursts of rain. Sunny and cool (the furnace cycled on just before breakfast). Going to buy tomato plants today.

helenreimers said...

Love the woven quilt. Color is fantastic. Quess the Susan is like me. Got to bloom where you're planted.

JJM said...

Interweave is such fun to see how the long strips move into the checkered center. Another true works of art .

Your porch pots are such a lovely welcome to your visitors.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Applause, applause! The Interwoven quilt is amazing and so are you!

Pretty, pretty flowers on your porch and in your garden.

Hugs!