Tuesday, May 28, 2024

12 more columns...............


Two hours of sewing created 12 more columns sewn together, 6 to go plus sewing the 3 sections together.  There is one green strip and one lavender strip in this second section.  I should be able to finish this top today.

Rain was predicted for yesterday afternoon and evening.  I check the radar on my phone app and every storm either split and went north and south of us or dissipated before it got here.  Same forecast for today........I wonder if we will get any rain.....

I spent the morning going through my blue and turquoise regular print fabrics (not batiks or designer fabrics) and pulling out the ones I need to sell.  I need to move more of my fabric to the main level and the only way to do that is to destash.  Greens are next.  I have already done yellows.  Just thinking out loud here as I plan ahead.

8 comments:

Nann said...

We had some short bursts of rain roll through -- fortunately the outdoor birthday party I went to (3-5 p.m.) was a sunny period. What a difference in the interweave design with the long strips! Hope you don't fall in love with those prints all over again as you sort them!

patty a. said...

The woven top is coming along nicely! The colors are so pretty. I bet it is hard trying to destash. Lots of memories of collecting the fabrics.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the storms do that a lot for us as well. So far we have missed a lot of big ones because of that. That "weaving" of strips really looks great

JustGail said...

Yesterday's rain mostly went to the north & south of us as well. I could look out the window and see it was pouring rain about 1/2 mile away. We did get a bit of rain later though.

Having fabrics in 2 places sounds less than optimal, even if they are separated by styles that you wouldn't use together. Does this mean you'll be doing a pop-up shop in the future? Not that I need any more fabric as my sorting by color now has an additional category - "does not fit on the shelf" :-/ But it's always fun to see what no longer makes the cut in your stash.

JJM said...

‘Neat and tidy’ shows your Interweave with such delightful charisma. Looking forward to your finish.

JJM

Julierose said...

We had thunderstorms and heavy rain come through (according to DH--I slept through it!!) Fog bound again this morning--early in the season we do get a lot of foggy mornings here by the ocean...
Did my week's shopping this morning so that's done!! Vacuuming and dusting today--meh!! but has to get done...;000
This piece is really coming together so quickly for you --lovely colors...
Hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Interwoven is coming along beautifully and methinks it will be a favorite quilt. Again, I am awestruck by your speed at putting a top together, especially this intricate one.

Yesterday's all day rain missed us completely and after 9a, it was horribly humid, but rainless.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a cool quilt.