Tuesday, May 21, 2024

A quilt top....................


I sewed the 9 seams in 3 shifts yesterday and pressed it last night.  I went with a random layout with just a few of the fabrics as matched pairs.  It is 60" x 84".  It is my version of Tussie Mussie from a Kaffe book.  However...I didn't use the same fabrics, I didn't use the same size triangle and I mostly didn't follow his layout.

I did put 2 stars in there like his layout and the rest is random.  The stars aren't obvious but I saw them in his layout.


Here we go again with my nature photos matching my quilt photo.


I used to have a lot of medium pink Peonies but a lot of the plants are dwindling.



This one is a deeper color than it looks here.  I think it is the only single Peony.






I seem to have more of the white and white with pink streaks than pink now.  The pale pink with shaggy center started blooming yesterday so I'll take more photos today.

It was 83 yesterday and close to 90 predicted today.  Rain was predicted yesterday and some areas north and south of us got 2".  We didn't get a drop but severe storms predicted for tonight.

 

15 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Well, clearly this Tussie Mussie quilt should be named "Peonies." I love how it represents them!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty colors in the quilt. I saw on the weather last night that the storms will be heading for you in the north and me in the south for the next couple days, ours start tomorrow

Mary said...

Tussie Mussie is gorgeous. I've never grown Peonies, but they are a great accompaniment to this project!

patty a. said...

The quilt top is so pretty and so are the flowers! My California poppies are growing by leaps and bounds with the heat and with me watering them. I sprinkled the seeds from the packet I found and watered them in real good. Lets see how long it takes for them to pop up.

Julierose said...

I agree TM should be named "Peonies" it is simply such a lovely color--it really glows...
55 here this morning and overcast [what happened to the warm and sunny day forecast?]I am hoping to be able to sit out a bit if it warms up...I need to do some household chores first, though and get my walk in, too...
hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

LOL: "just like the pattern" except for this, this, and this. I so love peonies!

JJM said...

The ‘Exuberance’ of your Pink and Green quilt top is awesome. A springtime beauty in all its glory. And such pretty peonies surrounding it.

JJM

Julie S said...

Beautiful! How many different fabrics are in this creation? Or in the blue-pink version?

Barbara Anne said...

You've done it again! Another delightful quilt has been created by your skilled hands and it's already headed for your long-arm machine. Have you chosen a backing fabric yet?

Lovely, lovely peonies!

Hugs!

helenreimers said...

The quilt and the peonies are both beautiful. Each reflects the others beauty

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my--you really do make alot of quilts and such bright cheery ones--and I always love the flower photos--
hugs, di

Agile Jack said...

I've always loved the Tussy Mussie. Yours is lovely!
Anne

pbj fiber marietta said...

Love your pink and green vibe! Echoes your flower photos!

MissPat said...

We had a severe thunderstorm warning this afternoon with the threat of strong straight line winds. What we got was about 50 drops of rain and a few rumbles of thunder. The sun is out now and the temp has dropped from 89 to 78. Oh well.
I wish we could see your Tussie Mussie next to Julie's and Maureen's. It would be interesting to compare each of your "variations". All three are gorgeous.
Pat

Vicki W said...

That quilt top looks like it came right out of your garden!