Friday, May 31, 2024

4 blocks.............


After piecing 4 blocks I can now see how to assemble the block sections without looking at the pattern for every block.  I'm not sure how large this quilt will be.  The blocks are 10" so it will be easy to calculate as I make blocks.

So far I have used the same fabric as the background in every block.


I looked through my Kaffe collective fabrics for another print that would be the same light value and this is as close as I could find. The only problem with it is that it is a directional design.  I can handle that.  Most of the other light value fabrics are a little darker.

Tomorrow I'll put together my monthly recap so that gives me a day to decide on the background fabric(s).



 

10 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

this will be a fun quilt ,I luv quilts that have that potholder woven look ,the style is on my quilt bucket list lol

Julierose said...

Wow--that was a quick start;)))-Love those light backgrounds...pretty pattern...
Only 55 this morning, but warming up nicely...I have to go to the grocery for special items to make my Strawberry Trifle for out get together with friends...
Hoping to start a new long-term project soon...hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

I like these blocks and I always look forward to your recap. We had 1.47 inches of rain last night!

JJM said...

As I mentioned yesterday that July Roll Jumble layout is “right up your alley”. Plus your fabrics are always “Exuberant” and this is one is no exception !

JJM

Nann said...

I probably worry more about directionals (and no-two-fabrics-touching) than the recipient of a quilt ever notices. I have that pattern in one of the stacks patterns....you're giving me an idea!

Enjoy sunshine today. Rain tonight!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have a lot to figure out for this one with layout. I can see I would need to layout every single piece as I sewed to keep it in order

Barbara Anne said...

Another wonderful and interesting quilt in the making and I love your fabrics. This quilt will take thought as you sew the bits together! Wishing you well with that.

I, too, look forward to your monthly recaps and I sit in awe at the many, many happy quilts you make so quickly.

Hugs!

Agile Jack said...

It's a good think you have those light fabrics in your stash because if you had to select them from current fabrics you'd be hard pressed! I love the sand dollars. Wish it would come back.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wanda, I've missed reading your posts for two weeks, in fact not been at the computer unfortunately, apologies, health reasons and I've only just caught your last two. I love the blue interweave top, beautiful mix of colour in there, and I like the start of your new project.

cityquilter grace said...

i am liking this block a whole lot...and kaffe always ramps up everything!