Thursday, May 30, 2024

Interweave top finished...............


It didn't take long to finish this top yesterday (Interweave - free pattern from Timeless Treasures).  It is all batik fabric.  I used 56 fabrics instead of the 42 called for.  I also didn't use the side borders which allowed me to cut the strips for top and bottom longer and to have more squares in each column for the center of the quilt.  It is 55" x 74" compared to the 48.5" x 56.5" quilt in the pattern.










In this collage you can see the difference between the measurements I used for cutting on the 2 Interweave quilts that I have made so far.  I'm not sure which proportion I like better because individually I like both of them.

Last night I made a test block for the other quilt top I had chosen to work with.  I will only have one block with each pair of fabrics as I start it.  I may change to 2 alike after I have used the first batch of strips.

I pulled all of the Kaffe fabric strips that were less than full width but at least 18.5" long.  I need to find some more medium value prints since these are mostly dark.
 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Both interweave quilts are gorgeous!! Each in its own way...nice works')))
Only 55 this morning and raining...it is actually pretty chilly...
Began working on My Little Flags --a fun piece...
hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Your Jelly Roll Jumble quilt looks like it coult be a fun project.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

really like the colors on both of them

JJM said...

Interweave sensation !!! Love it Wanda. And then you start ‘Jelly Roll Jumble’ ~ I really like the combination of fabrics in your first block. And all that you have laid out already. The layout looks like quite a feat to me but knowing you its “right up your alley”.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the bigger size Interweave. I think you gave me directions on how to make it bigger. Have to find them, I think I have 2 identical jelly rolls.

Barbara Anne said...

Both of your Interweave quilts are beautiful and I like the newer one best because of the colors you chose.

Have fun with the new pattern you're trying out!

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

Oh, that turned out so nice!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Interweave is very cool looking!