Friday, May 10, 2024

First layout...............


The contrast is not as high as it looks in this photo.  I even re-took the photo to try to get a better color and contrast.  This is the first layout, 6" finished blocks (48" x 60").  The quilt in the book has a border of triangles of 2 prints.



I looked through all of the blue fabrics and found 2 that I have enough of.  I just have to decide if I would rather just make more blocks or do the border like the book.







Here are the photos again of the 2 quilts.  The blue one has the pieced border and the green one has no border.


I can start sewing the pink/green blocks while I think about it.  I didn't get all of the new pinks and green cut yet so I just matched up pairs of the ones that were already cut.  Some of these may change as I get the rest cut.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

the blues and pinky-reds are so pretty together...I like the blue border idea a lot...
Only 46 this morning --gray and raining...definitely an inside day--I will be doing my walk on our treadmill...
Have fun sewing the pink/green blocks...great fabrics to work with..;))
Hugs, Julierose

Nancy said...

I vote do the blue border! I really like the two fabrics you selected.

patty a. said...

I like the border idea - it would contain the blue and pink blocks.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the blue border

Nann said...

The mix of prints is definitely frothy. I agree about the border.

JJM said...

Blue, Red ‘n White has a Vintage Beauty look to it, so mesmerizing to see so many chintz like prints.

J/JM

Barbara Anne said...

Have fun choosing what border(s) to add to this charming pink/blue quilt and while sewing the pink/green quilt together. What fun and how satisfying!

Hugs!

pbj fiber marietta said...

Oh Wanda, I love both of these quilts! The pink and blue one reminds me of "traditional" fabric from the distance. You really know how to bring things together!

Mary said...

I really like the look of the border.