Saturday, May 18, 2024

Looking ahead.................


I need to use the double design wall in the basement for the pink/green layout but I also needed to be upstairs to watch the season finale of some TV shows.  I decided to spend my time pulling the fabric for a couple new quilts.  I have made this one before and really liked it.  I decided to do one in mostly blue batiks.

This plastic drawer unit has 5 drawers and now all of the strips I have left fill just 3 of the drawers.  I started cutting the 2.5" strips over 20 years ago and keep adding to it as I'm pressing and cutting batiks for other projects.  The new project will use some older strips plus some new ones.  I'm glad I put notes on my blog of the number of strips I used plus how I cut them.  I didn't follow the measurements on the pattern.



The other project will use Kaffe Collective strips.  I had some partial strips that I measured to see if I have enough to make a block.  There was a pile of too short strips that went back in the box.






There are more full width strips that I will use too.  I need to cut more strips as I work on it so this will be the second new quilt.

Meanwhile I need to get to the basement during daylight hours and start the pink/green layout.  

 

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Every project is just beautiful. Those blue batiks for Interweave, wow, how wonderful. I went to large quilt show yesterday in Rochester, NY. I had not been there in 6 years, and I found that overall quilts were lacking in clear colors and values. There were a few great ones, but I was inspired to get cracking on my plans and stash. Your strips look so organzed and easy to pull.

Mary said...

You continue to amaze me with how you organize your stash. Programs we watch are also ending for the season.

Julierose said...

Two lovely patterns and great fabrics to work with!! It's so nice to start new projects!! :)))
56.8 here and drizzling --AGAIN!! We will be watching F! Qualifying races this morning...easing into our day...Have a great weekend...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are all such pretty colors. which shows are finial now? I have them all "streamed" I guess the word is not recorded any longer and can watch them when I want to. I think last week I was caught up on NCIS and Blue Bloods which are about the only ones I watch any more on network

Vicki W said...

I'm on the lookout for some new project too. I like both of these!

JJM said...

Patterns, fabrics and fun ahead for you. And thats why I check in every day. You do all the work and I do the checking. 🤭

JJM

patty a. said...

Having all those strips cut makes it quicker to get to the fun part of designing!