Sunday, December 26, 2021

Using some old blocks...........


I have played with these blocks several times and always ended up putting them back in the box of Kaffe fabric pieces and parts.  About 6 weeks ago I did a layout with them on one of my design walls in the basement and I decided yesterday it was time to sew them together.


I was watching a movie that didn't end until 11 p.m. so I kept sewing and got the top all together.  Since it is small it will probably get a border added.





I'm glad I had a couple cactus blooms on Christmas day.  This is the darker pink of the two.  This is one of the last blooms on this plant.





This is a small plant and only had one bud. 

My orange plant has quite a few buds.  It started out with just three and one is getting ready to open up.  Now I see a lot more smaller buds starting to show up.

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good for you for NOT putting those blocks back into storage!

Julierose said...

Neat zig-zag pattern for those blocks...
Such pretty blooms on your cacti--Mine is still stubbornly refusing to set bud; I put it in a darker place but so far no luck.
Hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I’m happy you took those pieces out of storage and created such a striking piece. Your indoor plants are as fun as outside.

JJM

Connie said...

Such pretty blocks and cheerful fabric, as usual an amazing quilt. I wish that I could grow indoor plants. They need more attention than garden plants and I've never been able to master the skill. Bravo! Your plants are lovely.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good thing to get it all sewn up. I have a few buds hanging on yet.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhhh I like the sneak peek!!! Glad you kept on sewing