Saturday, December 11, 2021

6 blocks...........


I made 3 more Snail's Trail 8" blocks with more of Philip Jacobs large floral prints.  The background fabric is Kaffe's Aboriginal Dots.  It is probably one of my least favorite colors, kind of a sea green with pink dots.  The reason I chose it was for the value; it wasn't a white (too light) background.  I only have enough for 6 more blocks so for the "real" quilt if I'm making one I need to change the background fabric.  Meanwhile all of these will go with the blocks in my partially planned Kaffe orphan block quilt.  I should probably bring those blocks upstairs to my main floor studio and start building it on my design wall. 

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Lookin' good! Perfect background choice for those fabrics.

Julierose said...

Just lovely blocks in progress--nice contrast with that background--just right --good choice hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

The block design is great and how convenient to have a die for it. The background looks a little washed-out in contrast with the vivid blues/purples/etc.

Nann said...

....maybe a heavier background print to provide more balance?

JJM said...

I love your combination of fabrics on this pattern. Background fabric is perfect ~ it brings out the beauty of swirling elegance of the design and fabric. I hope they don’t stay in the ‘orphan box’ to long.

JJM

Needledmom said...

That is beautiful. That background is perfect with it.

Christine said...

Oh goodness! Those look really complicated, but very pretty.