Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Monday's progress..........


I have the flying geese sewn together in groups of like pieces so I can change the arrangement if necessary.  I just need one more block to achieve the right length.  I also sewed the Snail's Trail blocks together as a row and they set the size for the width of the quilt at this point, 48".  This means that the column left to design should finish at 12" wide.  The Starry Path blocks are about 9.25" and the bottom star is 8.5".  The top block is 6.5".  I just have to decide if all of the filler pieces will be the same fabric or several different fabrics.

I need to start my Christmas cookie baking so I don't know if I will work on it today.
 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

this is such a richly colored piece--love how it's coming together--those snail's trail blocks look so pretty--such a graphic block--just draws your eyes...have fun baking...hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The top is coming along nicely! After my Mom passed I would continue to make a yearly quilt for the family Christmas raffle every year until Dad died. I tried to use some left over bit of Mom's. One year I gathered all the orphan blocks and put them in a quilt. I didn't have but maybe 10 blocks so in order to make it queen sized, I pieced lots of neutrals together to join the pieces together. I don't have a picture of that quilt and I don't remember which one of my siblings ended up with it. I just remember it was a lot of work getting everything to fit together! LOL!!

Mary said...

I always enjoy seeing how you are able to put pieces like this together. Happy baking!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colors are all beautiful together. I have a feeling you will be making your spritz cookies and they will look (and taste) great.

JJM said...

Great progress on your ‘a quilt of many patterns’. Christmas cookie baking is on my list for today also. Will be thinking about you when I’m baking mine.

JJM