Sunday, December 19, 2021

A little sewing............


I made it into the studio yesterday afternoon and put borders on one of the star blocks.  Then I went to the basement and found the remaining 2" strips that were cut years ago and pulled out 4 choices that might work on the last 2 blocks.


I have 2 champagne color cacti blooming.  This photo was taken a couple days ago with the sun coming through the blinds.





This is on the other plant, photo taken yesterday.  I have one bud on a pink one and one bud on the orange one.

I made 3 more batches of Chex mix yesterday and am now officially out of all of the supplies for it.  I got another package mailed.  With the post office closing at noon on Saturday I didn't have time to get the last box packed.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh that's great to hear that you were able to get into your sewing room--pretty border strip choices, I think.

Just gorgeous cacti blooming there.. Mine having decided not to even
have set bud as yet;(((..Fingers crossed .

...Windy and rainy here today--and in the upper 30's..Well, soon the Solstice will come....
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't think I have ever seen the cactus that color except on your blog! We have one more baking day today with just one of the girls here for a couple cookies that she had wanted and that I like too - then done.

Kaaren said...

Wanda, I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas and want to say thank you for being there in my life almost every day. Your posts bring joy, happiness, real life, and often a response, for which I am grateful. Grateful for you, and I hope your holidays are fulfilling to you. Your CA quilty friend, Kaaren

JJM said...

Your border around the star brings out its beauty even more. I’ve so enjoyed watching this quilt top come together.

Champagne cactus blossoms are so elegant.

And I so agree with ‘Kaaren’, she couldn’t have said it any better.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have always wanted a champagne colored plant! They are so elegantly beautiful.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love seeing some of those early Kaffes popping up in this! Merry Christmas.

patty a. said...

The cacti are so pretty! I bought another Norfolk Island Pine. I now have three. The two I have had for a while and I didn't take very good care of them. I have moved them to the living room and they now get sunshine and watered. They are doing much better.

MissPat said...

I look every year for a champagne Christmas cactus, but haven't found one yet. Wish I lived closer so I could come get a cutting. About half of my cacti are in bloom with the big one pinkish white one full of buds.
Pat