Monday, December 13, 2021

Sewing and Sunset.............


I added the vertical column of squares and 4 patches first and then added the row of 16 patches at the bottom.  Amazingly they both fit without any spacers.  Now I need to make some decisions about the next vertical group of blocks.  I can go ahead and sew the Flying Geese and see how many more I will need.


There was an intense colorful sunset last night even deeper toned than it looks here.  I just happened to be looking west at the right time to grab my camera.




All 4 buds have opened now on the hardware store Amaryllis.  The second bud stalk hasn't grown at all yet.

I brought in my Amaryllis bulb from last year and started watering it.  I hope I gave it enough rest time under a box for darkness in the cool garage.

 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely bloom!! Your sunset looks like our sunrise this morning--
[sailors take warning?] anyhow--really intense colors and just beautiful...
The quilt is really coming together so well...hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

We have had some beautiful sunsets and sunrises lately but my phone never captures the true intensity of them, either.

Vicki W said...

Oh, I love how this is coming together!

JJM said...

Great Monday post ~ quilt, sun set and amaryllis. Your orphan quilt top is such a beauty to end the year.

JJM