Thursday, December 23, 2021

Fill in strip.............


I knew there was a Kaffe fabric with flowers in a row that might work in this spot.  I found one with pink in it to try.  I haven't sewn it on yet.





Here it is in the all over photo.  I think it works. At the bottom I trying to decide what fabric to border that last star block with.  I haven't found the quarter square triangle blocks yet.  I also need to add one more flying geese block to the bottom (or the top).



I froze the last 2 one cup packs of the Amish Friendship bread starter earlier this year.  I decided to get one out and bake 2 loaves.  I made one mistake on the baking soda, adding a teaspoon too much, so I don't know if that is why the loaves didn't get as tall or if it is because I had it in the freezer too long.  It tasted OK though.  

I got caught up on laundry too so now I need to clean off my sewing table and get the orphan block top finished.  I have a quilt loaded on my longarm too so I hope to quilt it soon.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

You do have a lot of auditioning and decisions to make with your fabric choices. When I made the orphan block quilt from my Mom's blocks I took the easy route and made the entire background in neutrals. I had to piece large sections of fabric as joiners which I think was easier to do than how you need to make more precise decisions with yours. Your color choices have been spot on! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Julierose said...

Love the flower rows strips...nice addition...
Hugs, Julierose

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

I've been following your blog for years and you do such beautiful work. Have a great holiday season and I personally wouldn't give up Dr. Pepper completely.

Quiltdivajulie said...

So long as bread tastes good and it is not to be given as a gift, who cares whether it looks "picture perfect" or not?! Enjoy it! Have fun getting back to your sewing (love that row of flowers piece).

Donna T. said...

That floral print look great at the top. It ties in with the florals in your other blocks. What about using it to border the bottom block too?

Christine said...

I'm with DonnaT
Have a good Christmas