Tuesday, December 21, 2021

A little sewing..........



 
Yesterday I got the last package finally finished and mailed it shortly before noon.  Then I baked the last two batches of cookies.  Finally there was time to do a little sewing.  I sewed the pink print border on one of the blocks and then tried all of the other fabric strips for the last block but wasn't happy with any of them.  If I hadn't been so tired by that time I would have looked for another fabric but I'll do that today.  I think it needs to be a lavender Kaffe print because there is so much blue in the blocks on both sides of it.


I received a beautiful hand painted Christmas card from Linda S in the mail.  She hand paints a LOT of cards to send every Christmas.  I'm so happy I am on her list to receive one of them.  Click on the photo for a larger view.

That reminds me I wanted to mention again to all Blogger users, if you want your photos to enlarge when you click on them, turn off Image Lightbox in your settings.  About half of the blogs I read have it turned on (which is the default) and when they say click on a photo to enlarge it is actually smaller in the lightbox a lot of the time.

12 comments:

patty a. said...

What a beautiful card! Linda is a very talented lady!

Lesley Gilbert said...

That card is so pretty. I remember you sharing one of your bloggers process in making her cards; almost the same but all different. I have made my own cards before but nowadays I run out of time. I'm still writing cards to send out - they'll get them for New Year haha,

Julierose said...

I think lavender will be so pretty...nice that you got all your packages off. I still have a couple (sewing gifts) that I haven't finished for obvious reasons...They will just be a bit later this year. hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that card is so pretty - I had always wished I could paint - that was always my first love but I was a failure at it!!

Needled Mom said...

I agree that the lavender would be perfect for those colors. The Christmas card is beautiful.

JustGail said...

I'm not a blogger user, but did notice this morning that photos are showing small on every blog I've visited. And it wasn't happening yesterday-day before. Has Google been plinking around making changes with unintended consequences or notifying users? Noooo, they wouldn't do that, would they!? :->

Linda sent a very pretty card again.

Nann said...

Your starry medley is beautiful, Wanda. All your baked goods look scrumptious. Linda's card can be on display all year. Happy solstice!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lavender - yes! And I do keep my cards from Linda S out all year. They're wonderful - she is very talented.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wanda, was suprised to see my artwork on your page. What an honor. Every year, I think I won't be able to make them all, but so far, I have.

JJM said...

Looking forward to the border for the next star in waiting’.

Linda’s card is simply elegant !

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love that each of Linda's gorgeous cards are unique. Yours has a tree shadow and the one I received doesn't have one. I guess the light changed by the time she got to mine. :o))

BatikFanatic said...

Such a delightfull card! Linda has a special gift for creating beauty.