Saturday, December 18, 2021

Another day in the kitchen..........


I started the morning making 2 batches of Chex mix.  I made one more batch in the evening.  I made one run to the post office with the first box of three that I need to mail.



In the afternoon I made one of the 2 Kringla recipes that I have.  Part of the family prefers this recipe.  The rest of the family likes the other recipe and I just made them at Thanksgiving so I may skip making them now.



In the early afternoon I baked English Toffee Squares.  I don't like nuts in my food so only part got chopped walnuts on it.

Now I have to start dividing up all of the cookies etc. into the 2 boxes to mail and 3 sets for local family.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW this is a huge project, Wanda--I just bet they will all be looking forward to receiving your baking bounty;))) Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a lot of packages to mail and postage going up all the time and longer time to get there. I think my daughter and I will make one more kind tomorrow and then done

Needled Mom said...

Those are such heartfelt gifts. It involves so much time and love in each piece.

JJM said...

Delicious post today Wanda. Christmas glory in your kitchen yesterday.

JJM

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

All of those looks so good. Food is a wonderful gift - tasty memories and no clutter.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I don't mind making food treats- I just hate the clean up. I can imagine you had lots to clean after all this production.

patty a. said...

Such yummy looking treats! I haven't even started baking cookies. That pastel flannel quilt has got to get done first.

Patg said...

Dear Wanda, I’m missing those cookies and Chex mix! Happy Holidays! Pat G.