Friday, December 31, 2021

Monthly recap for December 2021


 My last finishes for 2021 were one quilt and 19 table mats.  The quilt was one of 3 pink quilt tops I made in May and I wanted to wrap up that series by the end of the year.  This one is 47.5" x 63.5".  The other 2 were smaller.

I ended up making 19 table mats that are 8.5" x 11" from the Marcia Derse scraps left from the Gridlock quilt top project last month. They are flatter than a mug rug with a layer of stiff interfacing and one layer of fusible batting and finished with a zig zag thread edge instead of binding.  The bottom right yellow/gold one is for me and the rest will go into a pop-up shop in 2022.


Two quilt tops were sewn together.  The Kaffe Collective orphan block quilt top will become my nap quilt.  It is 48" x 63.5".  A blue striped binding will finish it off and enclose all of the light fabric at the edges.  The Rail Fence from early Kaffe prints is 39" x 52".  The blocks have been waiting for several years to become a quilt top.

I feel good accomplishing this much in a month when I did a lot of baking and mailing packages to far away family members.

6 comments:

Charlotta said...

Thank you for all your inspiration, exuberant color, and amazing quilts this year. I already look forward to following your creations next year. Wishing you good health and lots of time for sewing. Happy New Year! 🎊🎆 Charlotta

Linda Swanekamp said...

I could never use those artquilt pieces as placemats. I would hang them on the wall for sure.

chris said...

Love quilts made from orphan blocks. I also love all your scrap quilts. Always inspirational.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet the family and friends that get the table mats are thrilled to get such pretty presents. You inspire me with all your color! Happy New year

JJM said...

I agree, you have every right to feel good about all you accomplished this month. And great way to end the year with such a fun array of pieces.

Healthy New Year Wishes to you ~ JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy New Year Day … I adore your new pink nap quilt.