Thursday, December 30, 2021

Borders, another row added and a finish............


The border is sewn on and I think it really finishes the design of this little rail fence quilt top.  It is about 39" x 52".  Most of the Kaffe fabrics in the strips are from the 1990s and early 2000s.  I cut a lot of strips about 10 years ago and this was made from that group.





I have a bottom row sewn but it isn't attached yet.  The big blocks on the bottom balance the big blocks at the top.  The binding will be a darkish color to contain all of the edges. This isn't a quilt to be entered in a contest, it is a quilt to cover me for my afternoon nap.  I think it might be time to call it a wrap.



The binding is sewn on, the third pink quilt is finished.  I made the three tops in May and finished the 2 smaller ones right away.  This one is 47.5" x 63.5".









The color is truer in this photo.  I couldn't find a big enough piece of pink fabric that wasn't too peachy toned for the back so I went with a floral.  There is a little green on the front and now on the back.

16 comments:

Julierose said...

Your "nap" quilt is just lovely--I like the bigger blocks on the bottom a lot--you really got this one beautifully done...you will have many sweet dreams underneath it;)))

that pink is so luscious...really nice work hugs, Julierose

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Three lovely quilts Wanda. I especially like the pink one and that pop of green print on the back. I'm interested in how you store the strips you cut? I have been organizing my stash after outgrowing the old storage system and would like to cut strips and squares to have at the ready but don't know how I would store the strips.

Mary said...

I am really drawn to the Kaffe quilt at the top. The border is perfect. The second quilt has so much energy. I find I really enjoy an afternoon nap too.

JustGail said...

I think my favorite today is the rail fence - I love the way parts seem to float because the blocks use fabrics very close to the border.

Nann said...

The color progression in the rail fence quilt is striking -- and the changes make the viewer look again! I like your nap quilt with the variety of blocks. A little snow here with predictions of a cold snap early next week.

Beth in MN said...

Your use of colors & fabrics always inspires me. Love the rail fence.

JJM said...

Little Rail Fence maybe little, but full of your glorious ‘exuberant’ fabrics. I’m sure you will have fun dreams under your ‘wrap’. And oh my ~ your pink diamonds just glisten. What a great post today Wanda .

JJM

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, three lovely quilts, so full of Kaffe colour! Very inspiring!

Eulalia Isabel said...

Encantadoras las colchas,me gustan

cariños.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I really enjoy the quilts in this post as well. That rail fence is compelling. Do you want to sell it?
We are having a cold spell... was -31C today, about 25F but with a miserable wind chill. I'm hibernating as much as possible! But we did have Blue Jays and Cedar Waxwings this week, and a bunny sleeps near our back step.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love the little rail fence quilt! That green Kaffe is perfect for the border. Your orphan block extravaganza is just gorgeous. The larger blocks on the bottom really finished it off nicely, and the pink - so sweet, the backing is great.

Mystic Quilter said...

Loved seeing all these three finishes, especially the wonderfully colourful Rail Fence quilt, the border is perfect.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow three beautiful quilts in one post. The border on the first one does really finish it off. I love all the variety of blocks in the second one. That last one is so sweet in all its pinkness.

Char said...

Love the pink quilts and that green border on the rail fence is perfect!

Char said...

I love all the pink quilts, and the green you chose for the rail French is perfect.

Vicki W said...

I really love both finished quilt tops. The border on the rail fence is absolutely perfect. The pink quilt is very pretty. I've done one or two in that design and should do some more with my scraps. It's easy and always beautiful.