Sunday, December 12, 2021

Orphan blocks............


It has been 8 months since I last played with these Kaffe orphan blocks.  I put them up on the design wall and then sewed together the section with all of the Bear Paw blocks.  The rest of the blocks are loose and subject to change.  This is layout 1 of the Snail's Trail blocks at the top.



Here is layout 2 with some of the Snail's Trail blocks turned a quarter turn.  I think I like this one better.  The 3 Starry Path blocks coming down the right side could have strips between them so the area wouldn't look so light compared to the rest of the layout.  I have more Flying Geese blocks I can add to extend that border.  I don't want to spend a lot of time on this quilt so I'll probably go ahead and sew some more sections together today to see if I need to add in any spacers to make everything fit. 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh mygosh...I just love how this is coming together--so beautiful, Wanda--just stunning work hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

Inspired and inspiring!

Nancy said...

They look great- fun to play with blocks!

Roxanne said...

So fun! It’s going to be another beautiful quilt. Any idea how many “orphan block” quilts you have made?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Layout 2 is the clear winner to my eye. Have fun with the assembly process, Wanda!

Cathy said...

Oooolala! I really like your orphans. That's going to be a stunning orphan block quilt.

JJM said...

What a wonderful Holiday quilt top ! It says one big happy party, with all your orphans together.


JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful blocks, will be wonderful sewn together.

Marie said...

Just lovely Wanda. Option 2 is my favourite as well - those Snail blocks work so much better in this one.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A super selection of orphan blocks, this will be a winner!

patty a. said...

The quarter turned blocks do look better. I don't even notice that odd sea green and pink background fabric. This is going to be a fun quilt!