Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Monthly recap for November 2021..........


Down to the wire I finished a second quilt for November.  The one on the left is a Moda pattern called Simply Woven and I made it with all batiks.  It is 39.5" x 59".  On the right is a batik colorwash 39" square.



The quilt top that I worked on all month is 68" x 92".  The inspiration quilt is in the Kaffe book "Glorious Patchwork" which was published in 1997.  I made mine with all Marcia Derse fabrics and it is one row longer than the one in the book.




Yesterday I decided I could finish one more quilt in November.  I had the end of roll piece of batting that was the perfect width for this small quilt.





This one got a big loose meander pattern and Hobbs 80/20 batting.






I have a lot of batik strips that I started cutting way back in 2009 so I pulled out a selection of pink, purple, blue and green and used a constant cream color print batik for the background.







The pink and purple batik I used for the back and binding has been in my stash for a long time and it was a good match for this quilt.








The champagne color cactus is blooming now.  There are 3 more buds on this plant and another plant of the same color has 2 buds.

I put a second blog post up yesterday saying that Comcast had a multi-state outage.....again....and that I wasn't sure if I would be able to post at my regular time.  It lasted from 2 p.m. to somewhere around 9 p.m.  I wonder if there will be a credit on our next bill.
 
 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Love the woven quilt..so pretty in batiks. Lovely champagne cactus bloom--
hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

Your champagne cactus bloom is beautiful :). A credit for not providing the service, imagine that. If they were required to do so, I bet they would spend more on infrastructure to ensure outages don’t happen.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've always liked the look of 'Simply Woven' quilts and thought it would be a good pattern for using up leftover strips. Good to know you finally got your internet back - what did you miss most; the internet or tv? :)

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Good show for the month and last-minute finish. Nothing like that going on here!!! Comcast will only give you a credit if you call and ask for it. I think it should be an automatic thing. You pay for 24 hours... you should get 24 hours... less should be a credit. Funny how much companies know about us, but we never get the benefit!!!

patty a. said...

You had two wonderful finishes and that fabulous top this month so I say good job! The champagne cactus is so beautiful! Credit? No way. Same here when the satellite goes out.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we seem to loose our internet out here in the country periodically sometimes for very short periods of time like 5 minutes or less every day!! (century Link) such is life in the country. I love all your quilts that you share they are so pretty I think my favorite is the Glorious Patchwork that you just finished although the Simple Woven is a close second

Libby in TN said...

At least Comcast wasn't out on Wednesday night! I have the woven pattern and you have now inspired me to use up some of my batiks.

BatikFanatic said...

The Simply Woven quilt came out so well, and the backing is perfect, as you mention. This is the first I've looked closely at the cream-printed background fabric, and it works wonderfully too.
I love the champagne cactus... so often we're drawn to the brightly-colored flowers and overlook those which are closer to the white end. These lighter blooms really merit more attention, IMO... they have their own particular calm beauty.
Glad Comcast came through in time for you to do your post!

JJM said...

Such nice finishes for November Wanda. Happy you were able to get those two finished plus the MONTH you spent on your AWESOME Gridlock top. . . As always your cactus blossoms always make me smile.

JJM

Vicki W said...

I love that woven quilt! I think I have the pattern and I should give it a try.

Mystic Quilter said...

My Christmas cactus flowered ages ago, I miss the bright pink and white flowers, yours is such an unusual colour. I like your batik quilt finish, that pattern is mesmerising.