Friday, September 10, 2021

Updating photos..............


The previous photo of this quilt was small and not very true in color so I took its new photo for my archive.  All of the fabrics in this one are from the mid 1990s and older.  It is part of my Prismatic Garden series and I named it Aerial View - Prismatic Garden.  I had this one hanging in my bedroom for a few years since it is one of my favorites.

While it was up on the design wall I took a couple close up photos.








There are lots of memories in this quilt.










This is a zoom lens view from my kitchen window and I can see the Four o'clocks blooming now that they have gotten taller.  One basket of petunias survived the extreme heat and the Brown Eyed Susans are starting to lean over.  I guess they are tired from standing up tall for a couple months.
 

5 comments:

patty a. said...

That quilt is stunning! The 4 o'clocks are so pretty! We got a quick downpour about 5:30 so I didn't' have to go out and water. Everything is fading in the garden except the marigolds and zinnias which are still blooming. My lavender is blooming again after I gave the a mid-summer haircut. Have a great weekend!

Marnie Haines said...

Wow! What a work of art this quilt is! Wanda, thanks so much for sharing this treasure again. It surely demonstrates your wonderful artistic abilities. Thanks so much for putting your talents into quilting!
Marnie Haines

JJM said...

Enlarging this piece shows every little piece in each prism block. It just glistens and yet I can see a large shadow of a diamond and the tip of another. Close ups of the blocks shows your mastery of mixing those amazing fabrics together. A lovely quilt to bring back and share with us.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love four o'clocks! They have lived in our yard for many years, mainly because they self see so well. When children were young they like they hand grenade look of the seeds. I'm sure you've also discovered the lovely fragrance in the evening. Just a good, old fashioned favorite!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful quilt - great photos of it, too.