Friday, September 17, 2021

Grouping and sewing.............


In my quest to reduce my stash to the fabrics I really use (or want to use) my next group to work with was novelty and kid prints.  I had fun grouping fabrics that work well together or have the same theme.  The leftovers went into miscellaneous packs.  This is one bunch that will be offered in my pop-up shop next week.  All of it is quilt shop quality because I worked at and was buyer of fabric for the store.


Then I worked on the Autumn Coneflower 2 blocks.  I cut the 2 strip pieces in half and sewed them into 4 strip pieces.  Now they need to go to the ironing board.




Five of the 4 strip sections were cut into pieces for blocks and I sewed one of each.  I haven't decided if I will sew up the duplicate set as I go or just work on the first half of the blocks so I can get to the design wall quicker.  These 5 aren't very interesting together but imagine them mixed into the group in the previous photo.

 

2 comments:

patty a. said...

Those look like some fun prints that will be in the pop up shop.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great novelty prints peeking out of those bags.