Thursday, September 30, 2021

Basting done...........


I got the basting done on my floral colorwash but I'm not going to stress over whether I can get it quilted and bound for a finish this month.  It might be the first finish of October.




When I was filling the bird feeders I noticed I have 2 different colors of Four o'clocks.  The pinker ones are on a plant that has been laying down across the ground and it usually wasn't blooming at the same time as the other 3 plants.


So, in the end I got 2 colors out of pack of mixed color seeds.  I had a second pack of seeds that I didn't plant so I will plant them next year and see if any come up.





Some friends I hadn't seen for quite a while stopped by yesterday afternoon.  One of them is a gardening pal so I dug up some Coral Bell plants for him.  The all green plant with fluffy white flowers was overtaking one of my back gardens so it was good to get 2 of the outreaching plants out of the area.  I had been intending to dig them out anyway but didn't know where I was going to put them.  This photo is another piece from the same plant earlier this summer in the front garden.  The leaves on the mother plant in the back garden are almost twice this size.  I might dig out a couple more sections while I'm at it and either pot them or search for a place to put them.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

The four o'clocks are such pretty colors...your garden spots are really looking great.
The colorwash piece is so lovely,,nice work hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Your cora bell is huge! Mine are all so dinky. They are doing better since I now protect them from the deer, but they are not nearly the size your plant is. You sure have a magic touch!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your colorwash. We are finally getting a little rain this morning!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I had planned to finish one more quilt in September but it will definitely be the first one for October (life took me in other directions, and that's okay).

Ellen T. said...

Those 4 o'clocks will come back strong year after year. Ask me how I know that!

sue s said...

I have coral bells for the first time this year. Good to know that they spread! I love your color wash quilts!

JJM said...

No matter when you finish this color wash it is a beauty. I’m glad to hear you don’t feel the need to get one more finish completed today. This time in our lives we don’t need to push so much anymore, for that a matter we can’t.

We had 29 degrees again this morning. Fall officially has taken over and my blossoms are fading fast. So it is a treat to see what keeps blossoming in your gardens.

JJM

Charlotta said...

Good choice not to stress over the quilt just because of the arbitrary fact that a new month happens to be starting! Life is too short for stress over little things like that!