Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Almost to the half way mark...............


I have 37 blocks made now and have decided to go with 80 blocks.  I have the 37 duplicate blocks partially sewn and now I need to decide what is needed for the last 6 strips of fabric.  There are 3 FBI shows on TV tonight so that should be enough time to finish all of the rest of the blocks.



Can you believe I still have scraps left after all that I sold at my last pop-up shop?  I will have several bags of them in my pop-up shop that will open at noon ET on Thursday for people on my email list.  Everyone else can get into the shop on Friday at noon ET.  A reminder, it will be a 2 day shop so it will close sometime on Saturday afternoon.  If you want to sign up for the email list go here (or there is a form on my right side bar).

 

5 comments:

BatikFanatic said...

You are showing me how to be more adventurous with color... if I'd been "assigned" to do this quilt, I likely would have stuck, conservatively, to the deep reds, pinks, oranges, brown(fish), and golds. I would have rejected that green (one of my favorite colors: "pond scum green") out of hand, thinking (wrongly) it would look out of place.
However, that dollop of green adds so much life! To my eye, it invites one to look more closely at the relation of the patches with each other and, on a metaphoric level, it holds out a promise of spring while the autumn colors signal our procession into the stark black & white contrast of winter.

patty a. said...

The blocks are looking great! Yes, I can believe you have more scraps! We all have more scraps! I am sure they will sell quickly.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Why do bagged scraps make me swoon? Must be some disorder. Love the blocks displayed.

Anne Ibach said...

That 16 patch is really spectacular Wanda. I think you're pretty close to the first one.

Dorothy said...

Watched the 3 FBIs on this end of the country while working on borders for a scrappy 16-patch. Not as beautiful as your 16-patch though :-)