Wednesday, September 1, 2021

One finish..................


I worked on hand finishing the 2 bindings all day yesterday until late last night. It was too late to do my monthly recap collages so I'll just cover one of the finishes in this post.

This small quilt is 44" x 58.5" and the pieces were cut with my die cutter and the pineapple log cabin die.  (After washing 43" x 57.5") Most of these blocks were leftovers from this quilt and I just needed to make a few more blocks to finish the on point layout.


The setting triangle fabric is a gray/blue and cream dotted print.  From a distance it almost looks like a plaid.

The binding is cream with dark rose and beige vines.







The main fabric on the back is a batik print of grayed peach with brown.  I didn't have quite enough width so I added this darker batik print that was a leftover long strip from another backing. 

I have baking to do this morning but I should have enough time to create the collages for a monthly recap tomorrow.

10 comments:

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Congratulations on the milestone birthdays yesterday, just wonderful. I never appreciated a pineapple quilt until my daughter and husband received one on their wedding day, from his grandmother. Wow, so many pieces. The setting fabric and the size of this new one are almost enough to tempt me. Enjoy the weather!

patty a. said...

I love the edginess of this quilt. Congrats on another finish!

Julierose said...

That triangle fabric is so lovely--just perfectly sets off your pineapples ;)))
Hugs, julierose

JJM said...

This quilt has the WOW factor totally. Every piece of fabric just sings. Pineapple blocks are so mesmerizing, just pulls you right in. And your dotted background fabric is perfect and I love how you used a strip on all four corners on the diagonal. A small quilt with fabulous beauty.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have never made a pineapple quilt -- your version is wonderful!!!!!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Another lively quilt - exuberant in not just color!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful quilt and great finish!

Rachel said...

This quilt is visually stunning-- it made me click on the tiny photo on my feed to take a closer look, and then after taking the closer look I had to comment. Really beautiful, and your black and white grid choice for the setting was an inspired choice.

O'Quilts said...

I just LOVE it xo

sewyouquilt2 said...

Gorgeous quilt