Tuesday, September 14, 2021

One or two?.................


I got 5 more strip sets made for the Autumn Coneflowers 2 quilt.  This gives me enough to make a total of 72 blocks and I will need a minimum of 63 or a maximum of 80, all depending on what happens at the design wall.

But why work on just one new quilt when I could be working on two.  I have been working on another pop-up shop for the end of next week and one of the offerings will be the mottled batiks.  While I was pressing and cutting for the packs I cut a 2.5" strip off the end if there was enough fabric left.  I have been pairing them and starting sewing them last night too.  This will be very painterly looking or almost like marble squares.

 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Love that "marble-looking" fabric--very "Old World" and Italianate...
nice quilts coming together you are working on...
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Love the fabrics for both quilts. That is great you are having another pop up shop!

BatikFanatic said...

Love, love, love both of these! And indeed, why work on only one quilt when you can work on two??

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a good use for those marbled batiks! Both of these will be lucious.

JJM said...

I’m curious how many of your followers are viewing your blog from their phone or tablet ? I have enlarged photos from the last 3 days of your strips and I must say, the beauty of your fabrics just can’t be seen on a small screen.

JJM