Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Trying it out............

This quilt that I finished on June 25 was on the design wall for a couple weeks after I photographed it.  When I brought it upstairs I just piled it in a heap on my guest bed thinking I would fold it later.  A few days ago I decided to throw it on my bed to see how it fit.  Of course it is too hot to sleep under a quilt here so it came off and is hanging over a quilt rack right now.


Last week I pulled out this older Tina Givens Coneflower print and I think it is time to use it.  I haven't come up with an idea yet but I think I want it to be in larger chunks rather than chopped in small shapes.
 

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh my! It looks terrific on the bed in that room. Glad I could biggie size it and see it better. The quilt on the wall is gorgeous also. Best place for a quilt- on a bed!

patty a. said...

That quilt is perfect for your gorgeous pink room! Every once in awhile we have to keep a quilt for ourselves! That coneflower fabric is so cool.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it will look pretty in your room from what you show

KarenS said...

So beautiful! I think it belongs in that room on that bed!

Needled Mom said...

It looks so pretty on that bed.

JJM said...

Sun streaming in the window is like a spot light on your quilt. It’s beauty just glows, and love how it shows your channel quilting. Great wall art, with one of your favorite Zebra prints and another one of your lovely quilts.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love how the new quilt on the bed interacts with the one hanging on the wall -- what a gorgeous guest room setting!! (that zebra print on the wall is pretty great, too)

O'Quilts said...

So nice of a quilt...and, a lovely Raspberry room. I just had my sewing room painted that...and love it so...Exuberant Color!!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the quilt on the bed and the color of the walls! That Coneflower print might look as a "one block wonder" - ;))

Nann said...

Love the coneflower print. I read one of Jane Sassaman's books last week [guild giveaway freebie] in which she referred to "personality prints." The coneflower meets that description.